Credit Voucher Terms
Am I eligible for a Credit Voucher?
- If your ticket is booked directly via an AEGEAN or Olympic Air point of sale (aegeanair.com, olympicair.com, call center, airport ticket office), or through a travel agency (online, offline).
- If Your flight is cancelled by AEGEAN and/or Olympic Air.
Please note that if your ticket is booked with miles/points redemption, it can be cancelled and fully refunded only via our Call Center (+30 210 6261 000/24h operation).
Terms and Conditions of Credit Voucher
- Passengers interested to apply for a Credit Voucher, must do so within six (6) months after the initial flight date of the cancelled flight.
- The Credit Voucher is personal in the name of the initial booking and not transferrable. That means that it can be used in bookings of one passenger, under the name of the passenger that issued the initial ticket. If your initial booking included more than one passenger/tickets, then you must submit the Credit Voucher application for each separate passenger/ticket number, and you will receive separate vouchers, for each passenger that was included in the initial booking. As soon as you submit your request for a Credit Voucher, subsequently your subjected booking (including all segments of the booking) will be cancelled, and your respective consent is automatically considered as given. Once you submit your request for a Credit Voucher, you will receive a confirmation email with a registration number.
- All requests will be handled individually/separately and our aim is to reply to you the latest, within the next 30 working days. In the unlike occasion though, that you do not hear from us within this period of time, please drop us a message here and don’t forget to add the following title to your message: “Credit Voucher Request” along with the registration number of the request that you received in the email.
- As soon as your Credit Voucher request is processed successfully, you will receive a confirmation email with the exact redeemable amount that your Credit Voucher(s) is/are valid for along with a promotional code.
- The Credit Voucher you will receive will be of the same value as the ticket purchased, including the value for each additional service purchased, if any. Please note that specific services are excluded from Credit Voucher’s total value, more specifically: PNR on hold, Travel Insurance, Donation SOS Children’s Villages, Other non-Air services (parking, hotels, etc).
- Rebooking fees or other penalties (such as service fees, name change penalty etc), are excluded from Credit Voucher’s total value.
- You may redeem your Credit Voucher exclusively online through aegeanair.com and olympicair.com and the AEGEAN app.
- The Credit Voucher will be valid for bookings and flights that will take place within 18 months from the date of its issuance.
- After the 18 months of the date of its issuance, and provided that the Credit Voucher has not been used in full or at all, passenger is eligible to request refund of the (remaining) unused amount paid for his initial booking.
- The Credit Voucher can be redeemed in more than one bookings/transactions. If the new booking is of lower value than the Credit Voucher, then the difference will remain as a credit balance and the Credit Voucher can be used in another booking. If the new booking is of higher value than the Credit Voucher, then you will be required to pay the difference at the time of booking.
- The Credit Voucher must be redeemed in a booking with one passenger, under the name of the passenger that the Credit Voucher was issued for. The only exemption is if in the same booking an adult and a child/infant are included, where in this case the Credit Voucher for each child/infant will be incorporated to the Credit Voucher of one of the adult passengers of the booking and will be sent to him/her. This Credit Voucher can be redeemed for more than one passengers, as long as among the passengers is the adult passenger who initially got the Credit Voucher. On all other cases, if you want to book tickets for more than one passenger, then you must proceed with separate bookings.
- The Credit Voucher is redeemable for one-way or return domestic or international flights, and is valid for flights operated by AEGEAN and/or Olympic Air, and/or for flights by other collaborating airlines (codeshare flights).
- A booking may include more than one sectors and different destinations within AEGEAN’s and/or Olympic Air network. There is no further change to the destination once the Credit Voucher ticket(s) is/are issued.
- The Credit Voucher will be issued in GBP currency for tickets that were booked in GBP currency. The Credit Voucher will be issued in Euro currency for tickets that were booked in EUR currency or all other currencies (except for GBP currency). If the passenger wishes to change the currency of the Credit Voucher (EUR currency to be changed to GBP currency and vice versa), this could take place, only if the Credit Voucher is not yet redeemed and only by contacting the Call Center. Credit Vouchers issued in EUR can be redeemed for itineraries to all destinations, except for itineraries that depart from the UK. Credit Vouchers issued in GBP currency can be used only for itineraries that depart from the UK. Only one Credit Voucher currency change is allowed and provided that the Credit Voucher is totally unused. If the passenger has changed the currency of the Credit Voucher, then used it partially and there is a remaining amount left, then the passenger: a) can either use it in eligible destinations according to existing Credit Voucher currency (as described previously), or b) is eligible to request a refund of the (remaining) unused amount, after 18 months from the date of the Credit Voucher change of currency.
- Once the Credit Voucher has been redeemed into a new flight, the below cases could appear:15.1. In case the flight that was booked with the usage of Credit Voucher is being canceled or rescheduled, and the passenger doesn’t want to rebook in another flight, a new Credit Voucher could be offered, where the same Terms & Conditions for the Credit Voucher apply.
15.2. In case a passenger wishes to voluntary cancel their flight that was booked with the usage of Credit Voucher, the following process will apply:
For the flight that has been issued with the usage of Credit Voucher the below cases could occur:
15.2.1. The passenger only used the Credit Voucher as a single form of payment (the Credit Voucher must be of equal or higher value than the booking). In this case, the passenger will receive a new Credit Voucher of the remaining value of the ticket based on the fare rules of the ticket issued with the Credit Voucher and no monetary refund will take place.
15.2.2. The passenger used both the Credit Voucher as well as monetary payment in order to cover the additional amount for his booking (the Credit Voucher was of less value than the booking). In this case, the passenger will receive a monetary refund for the additional amount that he paid (in the same form of payment that the payment took place), and then for the rest amount (if any) a new Credit Voucher of equal value to the remaining amount, will be issued.
In both cases, the cancellation of the ticket and issuance of new Credit Voucher should take place by contacting AEGEAN’s call center (and not through the Credit Voucher form).
15.3. In case a passenger wishes to voluntary reissue their flight that was booked with the usage of Credit Voucher, and book another flight, the following process will apply:
According to the fare rules of the existing booking that has taken place with the usage of Credit Voucher, the reissue of the ticket will take place and the new remaining amount (if any) will be calculated. If there is a remaining amount then this will be refunded to the passenger in the same form of payment used in the original booking that took place with the initial Credit Voucher. The reissue of the ticket should take place by contacting AEGEAN’s call center (and not through the Credit Voucher form).
- The AEGEAN and Olympic Air Conditions of Carriage and relevant fare conditions apply to all bookings made with a Credit Voucher.
- We collect and process your personal data, as part of our contractual obligations to you, due to the ticket that you have issued.
For more information on personal data, you can visit Aegean’s privacy notice.